Rackems Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player

2 posters

Go down

Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player Empty Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player

Post  Niteshade0 Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:09 pm

I played in the burning Sea back around when it launched, I've come in and out of it a few times via the station access pass whilst visiting my other station account games, then took another break and have since returned again with the shift to f2p. With my gaming generally going in more then 1 direction i couldn't devote monthly sub time to some of my accounts but I've been trying to make some semi periodic log ins to get re-acquainted with the basic game-play.

So Ive been trying to read up on my own and look over a few things and wanted to get some input from those of you with more sailing experience then myself. My primary character is an almost lvl 21 Cutthroat but i plan on dabbling into econ a fair bit to ease self costs on a few things as well as to have some spare resources around to either sell or while I'm in the society to have some on standby when others need a hand. Of course being a Cutt vs a Bucc means i wont be able to safely sail the more 'hauler' type vessels. But with a bit of planning and so forth i should still be able to safely manage right? As I'm planning once i hit 25 to head out to track down an Agamemnon Bark to capture which seems to be a fair vessel for its level plus has one of the better cargo holds of the ships a cutt can sail around that level range. So i guess my main Q is, will i still be able long term to continue to dabble semi regularly with my econ slots without having to make a buccaneer to handle it all?
Considering Cutts were supposed to be a bit better suited to overall combat n boarding/raiding compared to a bucc that was why i primarily chose Cutt as my original character. Thanks in advance for any advice given.
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player Empty Re: Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player

Post  Violet Davenport Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:52 pm

I had all of my econ on my ct for quite some time. The worst part was the hauling. The biggest valid hauler for a ct is a stripped defiant, which will hold 750. the biggest for a buc, the leviathan will hold 3600. Alot of times you can ask in society if there is a member available to haul for you.
Violet Davenport
Violet Davenport
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player Empty Re: Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player

Post  Niteshade0 Mon Dec 06, 2010 10:34 pm

Thanx for the Reply Violet. I figured i could make due with my econ/hauling with just a Cutt, yea not nearly as much hold space compared the haulers Buccs can, especially that one u mentioned, good god thats alot of cargo, but the ships ive picked out to utilize for hauling will work very well with my combat style too. First one being the Agamemnon Bark.
Not nearly as much space but i think ive decided to hold on the Mystique Deed ive got and use it toward a 'Algiers' Refit Polacre instead. So my ship lineup from the 20-30 range is looking solid.

Appreciate the input/reply and speaking of hauling.. i need to drag some stuff to another port for selling.
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Violet Davenport Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:27 am

np mate. Just put a mail out in game to the society that you need a hauler and an apporximate time and someone should be able to help you out.
Violet Davenport
Violet Davenport
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2010-01-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Niteshade0 Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:34 am

Thanx Violet,
though i wouldnt be much of a self sustained 'courier' of things if i had others hauling my cargo to often..plus it gives me a reason to 'bump' into pesky naval officers and pirates ^_^
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Ahoy Raiders, few Q's from a returning player Empty Wasn't sure where to post this

Post  Niteshade0 Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 pm

In any game i play with crafting its almost a requirement I do some of my own crafting, I just can't help myself. So of course with me considering dusting off the ships in the Burning Sea once this migration is finished up(hopefully tomorrow) I was rethinking my Econ structure a bit , had notes i had made but they are semi misplaced at the moment so i drew up some new ones and wanted to get a bit of input from you more Econ Savvy pirates. I felt a bit weird making ANOTHER seperate post as i didnt want to spam things to much, that and i rarely post in any forums in general so I prefer to try to be semi efficient I guess when I do.

So my Q is, and this is from a somewhat normal Econ structure setup for self efficiency and also as a semi more IC/Roleplay viewpoint as well, is if the setup below is decent one or not.
The setup I've come up with currently has(Port locations to be determined, I like choosing my port location not so much for close proximity but for a nice layout of the port when running around lol, I'm a bit odd)
-Sugar Refinery
-Careening Camp
-Forge
-Powder Mill
-Sugarcane
-Iron Mine
-Limestone
-Oak
-Lumbermill
-Shipyard (for fittings)

I am of course aware that with just a single character it will be required to trade/buy other resources I'm unable to produce myself which is fine. Being able to handle alot of my own ammo crafting , a bit of my own fittings and Rum(gotta keep the crew happy) I felt this was a solid setup I came up with the other night. At first I was going to aim to do my own bronze shot then upon doing some research on the wiki for the game I saw the only ammo that used copper/zinc related material was only bronze shot while all the other ammo uses Iron so i dumped wasting econ slots for copper and zinc in favor of having a slot for both iron and Limestone for iron ingots.

As it stands I'm not sure I'll have much time to play or get back into things but I like having a few self projects in place to work toward whenever I step foot in game .
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down