Rackems Raiders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat

2 posters

Go down

Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat Empty Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat

Post  Niteshade0 Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:11 pm

As ive been lurking about considering taking a peak into things on PoTBS once the migration is complete. I remember having rolled a placeholder Buccaneer and have thought about giving one a go and see what I might be able to do with one that could compliment my cutthroat's skillset.

the most I remember off the top of my head is that Cut's were able to board/capture ships, didnt get the option to scavenge till around 10. Where as Buccaneer could scavenge at 5 with a slightly higher chance of acquiring a deed and also having access to better hauler type ships.

So I was wondering if any of the more veteran captains out there could offer some insight.
Thanks in advance.
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2010-12-03

Back to top Go down

Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat Empty Re: Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat

Post  James Calvin Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:00 pm

I love my Cutthroat. If used right it is arguably the best class in the game right now. However, the bucc has some advantages over the CT. for instance, the bucc can tank much better because of its numerous resistance buffs and passive defensive buffs. But the CT does more damage, is faster, and if used right can have almost as much resistance. For 1v1 and solo pvp i would recommend CT, but its really which class you prefer to use. Both are good classes if used correctly.
James Calvin
James Calvin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat Empty Re: Buccaneer-playstyle options that vary from Cutthroat

Post  Niteshade0 Tue Feb 05, 2013 9:13 am

It does seem if someone wants to set up a strong economic character the Buccaneer is a bit more tuned to that style if specced right?
Mildly tempting.
First I'll have to see what I think when I get a chance to log into the game again.
I could likely make a pretty competent 'courier' type character using a Cutthroat and hauling cargo in the ships at my disposal
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  James Calvin Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:00 pm

Bucc is much better at econ than CT. If econ is your thing, bucc is for you.
James Calvin
James Calvin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2010-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Niteshade0 Tue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm

I never had the chance to really get into Econ in the past. The farthest I got was coming up with a plan utilizing all my econ slots towards a goal, leaving some things I'd have to trade for for the things I needed.

Since i only played casually in the past I didnt have a chance to make it a major priority. Being that I was also never a serious pvp type some aspects of sticking to the game long term in the past turned me off as well since I was given the impression for the casual PvE type like myself I may find myself lacking in things to involve myself in in the longrun.
Coupled with the fact I do find I like playing my characters somewhat more "IC" in mmos I figured once the migration is complete id see what i was doing with my skills on my cutthroat and then switch to my bucc placeholder and play him for a bit. See what one I might b able to play as a bit of a merc/courier type.

Since i know some of the advantages of each class type all thats left is to try out the one i havent in the past.
*sigh* I ramble alot when i start goign into planning of game characters. Hopefully it'll be up by tomorrow evening.

Appreciate the input also James.
Niteshade0
Niteshade0
Members
Members

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum